Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Be a nurse! It hase it's perks.

So the big reveal.....*drum roll* We are moving! Nursing has oh so many luscious perks. After almost a year of thinking and praying "Can we? Should we? When should we?" The time has come. I have taken a job as a traveling nurse. Tom will of course be traveling with. We can go almost anywhere we want. I will probably start sometime in October and we haven't decided where we should go first. The way it works is the company I hired on with(American Mobile)contracts with hospitals all over the country. Assignments last for about 13 weeks and then you move on to somewhere else. It's another solution for hospitals to deal with the nursing shortage. We will be living rent free plus utilities and travel expenses. It is no way to live permanently, but right now it is right for our family. We can save for our infertility treatments and for a house. Tom will also have more opportunity to find a job in an area that isn't so stagnant. As soon as we decided to do it, it felt so right we don't know why we hadn't done it much earlier. I will miss my current job and the people I work with. I have learned so much and jumped up the career ladder with Davita much more than I ever thought I would. It truly is a company that cares about it's employees. As soon as we know where we are going I will pass on the info. We may not choose anywhere too exotic for my first assignment until I get my feet wet. Love to all.

7 comments:

whitneyingram said...

Good for you! You guys will have such a great time.

Thank heavens for blogs. It will be a great way for us to keep in touch!

Gosfam said...

Oh my goodness Cindy that sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are coming to WA first :) I am calling soon!! Thinking about ya girl!!

MamaDonna said...

Aw, I am going to miss you guys! But if its good for you, then I am happy for you! Congrats!

Tiffany said...

That is really exciting. You should come to Atlanta Georgia for your first assignment :) There was a couple in our ward, she was a traveling nurse. It sounds like a pretty good gig. Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you! I first thought it was going to be next April, but when something is right its right. I know this will be good for all. OXOX

Kyle said...

With all the money you'll be saving, you'll be able to fly Tom out for a week-end of total-guy-awesomeness (not gay) like, every so often right? RIGHT?!?

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.