Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Follie Check

My what beautiful follicles you have!

I have been on the Repronex injections about a week and a half now and here is the current status. I have TWO really good looking follicles. They have now reached the right size measuring one at 19 mm and the other at 17 mm. Tomorrow I have one last ultrasound and I will have my injection of HCG. The HCG will make these follicles release an egg in about 36-48 hours. So it looks like my IUI will be Saturday morning, YAY! My Doc seemed quite pleased with my hard working right ovary, too bad my left one is a lazy ass. In the above photo is an example of what I see every time I go in for a follicle check. The black bubble looking things are follicles and each contain an egg. Only larger follicles(above 16 mm) will ovulate. Isn't the female reproductive system just wacky, it really is amazing anyone gets pregnant at all.

1 comment:

whitneyingram said...

Excellent! Amazing the things I don't even know about my own body. We are so lucky to live in a day and age where we have the knowledge and technology to help people get their eggo prego.

p.s. I love the reference to your "lazy ass ovary".