Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Something to report.

I know it's been a while since I've given any updates on our journey to baby. The main reason being there hasn't been much to report, until now. When we decided to move to Arizona, it really didn't make a lot of sense to either one of us other than we knew in our hearts it was the right decision. We took a leap and amazing things have happened. The clinic I have been placed at by my travel company has offered me a full time position. After a call to the company's human resources department I found out they will cover our infertility expenses. I practically fell out of my chair. Ever since we were told we needed to move on to IVF we have been stuck due to the cost. We are now free to pursue our dream and see where it takes us.
My doctor and staff in front of my new clinic.

We had our first IVF consultation today and we are scheduled to proceed in March. It was wonderful getting a second opinion. Dr. Troche seems great. He was very up to date on Turner's Syndrome and even has a Turner's patient who is pregnant right now. He is very much into the latest research but also doesn't jump the gun on new treatments unless they have been well tested. I will start a new and exciting medication in a few weeks that has given promising results of "jump starting" lazy ovaries such as mine. He is very optimistic about me conceiving through IVF, although we may need to use an egg donor if I don't respond well to this fist attempt. I have come to terms with that and I don't care what genes my baby has, I just want him or her here with me. Thank you for all your support. I meet with the IVF coordinator in about a month to get the insurance ball rolling. March is going to be very intense, and I am going to miss having my family nearby, but at the same time it's all very new and exciting. More updates to come as March draws closer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled! I love you!

Kyle said...

That's great! Wow, March huh? That's very exciting!

MamaDonna said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! If I could sacrifice my remaining ovary to donate eggs for you I would. But I kinda need to keep it healthy since its the only one I have. But anything else you need, let us know. I know we are far away, but I am so very excited for this to all happen that I want to be as available as possible. Roadtrip!

T&C said...

Yay! I would love it if you came anytime, even around retrieval/transfer time would be awesome. Love you guys, miss you terribly!

whitneyingram said...

What great news. When I first read that your IVF costs are covered, I let out a little gasp. I am so happy for the two of you! I am sure you hear it all the time, but you and Tom will be GREAT parents.