Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 19, 2007

Indescribable!

Tom and I had our very first appointment with our adoption social worker today. I am still in a state of surrealness. I did not feel the way I thought I would. I thought I would be nervous, I was not. I am in such a state of peace. Peace I have not felt in these many years since we have been trying to concieve. Our social worker is a perfect fit(she's also a therapist!)She had a way of making us feel so at ease. I found out more about Tom's feelings on the idea in 2 hours than I have in the last year. Many of our questions were answered and I am feeling more and more that this is the route that was meant for us. We do plan to give one round of IVF the old college try in February, but if it's not successful, we will have all the paperwork in order to proceed with adoption. As a bonus, my company will reimburse about half of our adoption fees, a pretty big perk! Thank you to all of you who have been so supportive during a time in my life I have needed it most. On the lighter side, there is a TON(I think literally a ton)of paper work. I posted some pictures below. It's pretty incredible some of the things they want to know. Everything from "How would you describe your sex life?" to "what do your parents look like". We'll see how it all goes, for now I'm just excited to be getting somewhere. Love you all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: