Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

For My Grandparents Bert and Mildred.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



photo by Trish Reda(www.trishreda.com)

I lost my Grandma Dec. 27th and My Grandfather 3 weeks later. I can't really describe how influential my grandparents were in my upbrining. I was at their house about as much as I was home. The house they lived in was bought when my Mom was just a teenager. It is really what I call home since I did a lot of moving around in my childhood. My Grandma was always there with a hug and a kiss, when a dress needed buying, when a stern lecture was deserved, and when you needed to hear "a childs prayer" before going to sleep. I did love my Nana as her grandkids called her. My Grandpa was nothing but unconditional love. Never do I recall a stern word passing his lips towards me. We took hikes, worked in his garden, took scenic drives, talked about the farm he grew up on, and made chocolate milkshakes. He was truly my buddy. Although very sad at their passing, I am grateful for the peace I feel knowing I will see them again. Free from their arthritic bodies that held them back for so many years. I long to hug them again and tell them so many more times thank you-thank you for being wonderful grandparents.

1 comment:

whitneyingram said...

Beautiful post. I just bookmarked it under "Blog Posts of Note".