Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Remembering

It's been a week of mixed emotions. I am gearing up for in vitro in March. I have my first class on Tuesday which I am thrilled about. But I was realizing the other day a year has passed now since my miscarriage. How did a year pass so quickly? I still think about it quite often and I think it will always be with me. Like a bothersome scar that you may go weeks without noticing and then one day it's all you can concentrate on. Parts of the whole ordeal are so hazy and surreal, as if it were a dream. And others are vividly engrained. I am forever changed, but not for the worse, for the better. I am stronger. My husband and I are closer. I have more faith(although that took a bit longer to be honest). As I contemplate this new year, I am excited. I am excited to proceed with IVF and grateful for the opportunities that has enabled us to do so. I am so grateful for my friends and family and their unconditional love and support. Hoping all of you a wonderful 2009!

2 comments:

whitneyingram said...

I saw your countdown and it made me smile.

I truly hope that IVF is successful and all goes well. Remembering when you had a miscarriage makes me sad. Although you and I only hung out a few times, I still feel so connected to you through your journey to have a child. I want you to know that I completely understand that I am so fortunate to have been able to have children with such ease. I do not look at pregnancy as a burden or some terrible thing I have to endure. I can't, because people like you would give anything to be in my same situation. Your struggle reminds me of how lucky I truly am. I want you to know that. I am not one of those people who take it for granted.

And because of all of that, you are in my prayers. A child is a miracle, not doubt about it. I hope that your IVF brings you the joy you have sought after for years.

Anonymous said...

Cindus,
We are so glad that you are in the high spirits that you are. You deal with all your ups and downs with such integrity and we love you for it. We have good news (at least for us) we went to church this morning for a special compbined Sacrement service with the Oakhurst Ward. We all thought that they were going to reorginize the two ward and then split us into three wards, but guess what? They released every single calling in both wards and combined us back into one ward and renamed us the Yosemite Ward. I can't tell you how excited we were because we thought that we would be loosing some of our dear friends but instead we got to keep them and got all our old friends back as well. Buy the way Sister Potter says to say hi. The only callings they have issued is the new Bishopric and the new ward will be staffed over the next few weeks. Give us a call if you want more details, and we will try to fill you in with all the details

We love you, Vikki and Dad