Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 9

I have ultrasound photos to share today. This week the baby is the size of a green olive. We had our first OB appointment today and I graduated from who-ha ultrasounds to belly ultrasounds, YAY! We heard the heartbeat and I bawled like a baby. I am still extremely nauseated but dealing with it. My doctor sat down with us today for about 30 min and we went over our plan for this pregnancy. While everything is looking good, he will be following me closely. He wants me to only gain 10 pounds from pre pregnancy weight and since I have lost about six, I am on the right track for now. He was very patient and courteous but also very real that this pregnancy carries with it some risks. One day at a time I guess. Since I am in a high risk office, I get a quickie ultrasound every time I go, which is awesome. Our next big decision is whether to do any of the genetic abnormality screening tests. We are leaning toward no for various reasons. I meet with the nurse practitioner next Tuesday for more early pregnancy instruction.

See the arms in the top pic? They are to the left and right in the middle of our blob-baby.


Heart Rate 180!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh don't call him or her a blob.lol

I didn't ever have any of the screenings either. It wouldn't have changed my mind about having my girls. They are from god ang I wanted them either way :)
julie

Anonymous said...

All sounds and looks so good!! So happy for you guys and and as far as the screenings go, it doesn't mean you would do anything differently, but it might be a positive to know ahead of time.
Your heart will tell you what to do!
Would love to have you email the pic of Barb and Gracie that Trish sent you! You have my love and prayers and hello from Courtney too! Lael

Unknown said...

We are excited for little baby Pimento to join our family. I almost did the tests and my Mom talked me out of it. I'm so glad she did, because that was just one stress I eliminated. If something was Heaven forbid wrong even though you would still love him/her and would keep your baby you would still stress your whole pregnancy. More than you are already going to. That is just my opinion, but you guys will know what to do, and to each is own. I love you. Our prayers are with you. You'll make whatever decision is right for you guys. Cute arms by the way.

Gosfam said...

Oh yeah 9 weeks, I wish I was closer and I would throw you a party once you get out of your first trimester and no more nausea :) I love you Cindy and think about you tons. My life is crazy, but I want you to know you are always in my thoughts.