Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Week 27


This week the baby is about the size of a head of cauliflower. My doctors appointment on Tuesday went great. I am still a few pounds below my pre pregnancy weight and the nurse practitioner was very pleased with that. I go every 2 weeks now. My glucose tolerance test was normal, so no gestational diabetes..yay! As difficult as it was for us to conceive, I am very pleased with what an un-eventful pregnancy it has been so far. This little boy's kicks have gotten stronger and he remains very active. Tom and I both were watching TV the other day and saw a commercial for Barbie and the Three Musketeers and we both said aloud at the same time.."thank goodness we are having a boy". It was pretty funny. I recently watched a documentary "The Business of Being Born". If you haven't seen it, it is quite eye opening. I know all documentaries have somewhat of an agenda, but being a nurse I know a lot of what is in that movie to be true. I know I cant have a completely natural birth because of my high risk category, but it has motivated me to try to keep interventions to a minimum if possible. Mostly avoiding pitocin is my goal. I would love my labor to progress naturally. I am going to attempt no epidural, but the world is paved with good intentions and if I can't do it, I can't do it. Next week I hit my third trimester and then the countdown begins :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Pierce said...

yes pitocin is the devil. looking back i wish i would have had the balls to just turn the rate down myself since i knew how to work the iv pump!! haha!

i'm glad your pregnancy is going great, and yes little boys are awesome. girls are great, but it seems like there is a lot of pressure to have all of the cute bows and dresses and princess this and disney that. whew! give a boy a tonka truck and some dirt and he's happy ;)

Unknown said...

Hi honey!

Love your post this week! I don't understand the three musketeers parts but maybe I'm just dense. An explanation would be great! I get the barbie thing though. I'm glad you are so happy you are having a boy. I'm happy for you too. I will say though coming from me if my epidural had worked I would have loved it. For me not being able to catch my breath in between contractions was a nightmare. Cherish your good strong back. You are a hero no matter what and in the first place for all you've been through to bring this little guy into the world. You'll have to see how you do, but I'd get one. Just my humble opinion of course. You can tell me to eat rocks and I'd still love you. I agree with what you said about the pitocin. I think I had too much of it, but I don't know. You're amazing for having a baby at all. I think if you are in as little pain as possible you may enjoy his birth more and not be so tired. I passed out for several hours and missed so much of the first week of her life. I only wish my epidural had worked!

Anonymous said...

Much like it says in the Documentary you watched Pit is used to speed everything up and get you in and out as fast as possible. I am personally pro epeduralas I had a 26 hour labor with Madalyn my first and she was born 33 minutes after my epedural, if I had only done that sooner I would have saved myself tons of pain. Cindy you are going to be an amazing mom and I am sure you will choose whats right for you and baby Stanley. Good luck my friend
Julie