Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week 36 and 37



Sorry for skipping a week. It has as you can imagine been busy here getting ready for the baby. Everything is set up and ready to go. Last minute tidying is the only chore left. The baby has graduated from a crenshaw melon in week 36 to a watermelon this week. My ultrasound last week measured Connor at 5 pounds 7 ounces, so he should be pushing six pounds this week. We completed our birthing classes and got to tour the rooms. Every appointment passes with Connor looking great. My appointment today was quite exciting. I have an induction date scheduled for the 8th of December. Only 2 weeks from today:) That being said we almost headed to the hospital last night. I had contractions for about 4 hours that got to be 5 minutes apart, just as I was considering heading in, they started getting further apart and then eventually went away. The Dr. today said that was a good sign this late in the game and that I could quite possibly have him before the eighth. They didn't check me today for dilation, they tend to be conservative with cervical checks due to increased infection risk. For a Dr.'s office, they do like to let things run their natural course as much as safely possible, which I like. Anyhow, I will post a belly shot next week, and it will probably be the last:(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! You may have to post that belly shot sooner than you think. I took one on the way to the hospital. Hate the pic of me though because I'm in pain. Oh well. What goes in must come out they say. Ha Ha
What an exciting time. Can't wait to meet the little guy.
Love you both!

whitneyingram said...

Connor- what a great name. I really like that.

Cindy, I really can't wait for the first pictures of your long-awaited little boy to appear on this blog. I can't believe it has been 9 months already.

Mrs. Pierce said...

how exciting!! get all that last night-time sleep in now that you can :) good luck with the induction, hopefully yours is better than mine! My big guy didn't want to come out, haha. i can't wait to see how cute he is. i bet you're excited after waiting for your little angel.