Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Goodbye House

The best back yard ever.
So my grandparent's house is sold and escrow closes on the 5th. Yesterday we had a final family BBQ at the house we have all grown to love so much. Sorting through the family heirlooms was a bit daunting. I couldn't keep everything, yet I didn't want anything thrown away either. Tom and I packed our little Scion with literally no room to spare. I was lucky enough to inherit my Grandma's china cabinet. It is quite wonderful. I held up pretty well until I did my final walk through the house before leaving. I was alone, kissed a wall and said goodbye. I knew we would not make it back to the house before escrow closes, so it hit me it would be my very last time inside. Life goes on I guess, it just moved on really fast for me.


No comments: