Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Babies are in!

The two with black arrow's are the one's they transferred:)

Waiting on the doctor.


The day of the transfer went really well. We got to see and keep the pictures of our little babes, which was just awesome! We met with our doctor and decided to follow his suggestion of transferring 2 embryos instead of 3 because of their perfect quality. He said transferring 3 would not increase my chances of getting pregnant, only getting pregnant with multiples. So on to the treatment room we went where I lay in wait with a very FULL bladder. Funny little story, the embryology lab is connected to the treatment room by a tiny little window that opens and closes. While Tom and I were waiting for the doctor, the embryologist kept opening the door and peeking in, It was kinda creepy, but I'm assuming she was checking to see if the doctor was there yet.

The doctor came in and after shooting the breeze with Tom a bit and comparing what applications they had on their I-Phone's(they both had the shotgun.....*sigh*) we got down to business. The two embryos were transferred together(the doc said they were holding hands :) without a hitch and I had to lay another hour before going home. I was on bed rest for two days, which about drove me batty. I am up and about, but taking it very easy and I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday.

I find out later today how many of the other embryos survived until today so they can be frozen. They can not freeze them until the 5th day after fertilization because they would not be strong enough otherwise. My blood pregnancy test is not until 4/7/09, so now some more waiting. I guess I will have to keep myself distracted.

2 comments:

MamaDonna said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so happy and excited for you. Here's hoping..... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I can't wait until the 7th. Julie