Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Good first appointment.

When going through infertility treatments it is a culmination of high highs and low lows. Today was our initial appointment and it was a good day. Things looked great. The nurse practitioner saw me today which was awesome, because I obviously think nurses are awesome. She took the needed cultures to make sure I am not harboring any bacteria that could reduce our chances of conception. She also decided to do an ultrasound to look at my uterus and do an antral count. An antral count is where they count the follicles(which contain the eggs) before they start stimulating them to see about how many we may be working with. They like to see at least seven, well I had a whopping 12 just on my right side. That's the biggest antral count I have ever had. I think the DHEA I have been on may be working. Anyway, they drew blood from Tom and myself and I actually don't need to go back until the 13th for the mock transfer and medication class. I start injections the 14th. I am so glad things went well and we are able to proceed.

3 comments:

Gosfam said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah!! I am sending positive thoughts your way and all along this process. Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

12 just on the right side oh yeah baby. Babies here we come. I say we like I am involved well I feel involved. Congrats!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Cindus, things sound really great, and our prayers are always with you.
Love Vikki and Dad